Thursday, March 5, 2015

Reading is hard

So, I finally finished 2 books! Yay, I'm so proud!!

Actually I'm embarrassed that I was in grad school a year ago and now I can't finish a book to save my life.

These are my first two:

1. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg - She puts together a lot of research on how we hold ourselves back, and gives practical ideas for how to "lean in."
2. Take This Bread by Sara Miles - A spiritual memoir from a woman who was a journalist in Central America during the wars and revolutions, and who starts a food pantry after she becomes a Christian.

This is the shelf of books I have acquired in some fashion and haven't yet read. This shelf is my goal for 52 in 52. A few highlights I'm looking forward to: Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl, Persuasion by Jane Austen (that one I have read and want to reread), Shop Class as Soul Craft by Matthew Crawford, Half the Church by Carolyn Custis James, and You Lost Me by David Kinnaman.


What are y'all reading?? Surely someone is reading more than me?

No comments:

Post a Comment